WHO WE ARE
TRUSTED BY LAKE TRAVIS RESIDENTS SINCE 2009
Lake Travis Eye and Laser Center was founded to provide the Lake Travis area with a state-of-the-art ophthalmology practice specializing in cataract surgery, complete glaucoma care, and refractive surgery, such as LASIK. Drs. Rhodes and Dang strongly believes in providing the best possible care for each patient that comes through the door.
COMPASSION & COMMUNICATION
We offer a compassionate and hassle-free healthcare experience in a comfortable environment of clinical excellence. Got questions? Please ask … we thoroughly explain procedures and treatment options and your questions are always welcomed.
FROM GENERAL EYE CARE TO SURGERY
We offer general eye care as well as a wide variety of medical and surgical treatments. From soothing red and itchy eyes during the Texas allergy season, to cataract and lens surgery, Dr. Kyle Rhodes, Dr. Tommy Dang, and our staff have helped thousands of Lake Travis residents see more clearly.
Part of the Lake Travis community
Lake Travis Eye & Laser Center is a member of the Lake Travis Chamber of Commerce, as well as the Four Points Chamber of Commerce and is located in the beautiful Tuscan Hills Lakeside building on RR 620.
401 S. RR 620, Suite 210
Lakeway, TX 78734
MEET OUR DOCTORS
Dr. Kyle Rhodes
Dr. Kyle Rhodes founded Lake Travis Eye and Laser Center in order to bring state-of-the-art general eyecare and surgery to the West Austin area. As you will see during your visit, the clinic is extremely efficient and hassle-free.
Dr. Rhodes graduated from The University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Science with Highest Honors. His medical school training was at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas.
Dr. Rhodes’ internal medicine internship and ophthalmology training were completed at the prestigious California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco, California, where he served as Chief Resident. He then returned to Texas for a glaucoma fellowship at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Intraocular Pressure Reduction in the Untreated Fellow Eye After Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty
- Central Retinal Vein Occlusion after Intravitreal Avastin Injection
- Glaucoma Surgical Treatment Results in a Third World Setting: Guatemala
- Glaucoma Research Epidemiology
- Intravitreal Triamcinolone Acetonide for Refractory Diabetic Macular Edema
- Synthesis of Alkanesulfonyl Halides for Non-Chemically Amplified 248nm Resist Formulations
Awards and Honors
- American Board of Ophthalmology Board Certified
- Baylor College of Medicine Presidential Scholar
- Dean’s Scholar at the Georgia Institute of Technology
- National Merit Scholar at UT Austin
- Distinguished Scholar at UT Austin
- Recipient of The Michael John Fink, M.D. Endowed Presidential Scholar at UT Austin
- Co-President of the Baylor Medical Student Ophthalmology Club
- 2013, 2014 and 2015 Texas Rising Star as seen in Texas Monthly Super Doctors
Dr. Rhodes is a leading Austin ophthalmologist and Austin eye care specialist. He was the President of the Austin Ophthalmology Society in 2011, and is currently a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, the American Glaucoma Society, the Texas Ophthalmological Association, and the Texas Medical Association.
In April 2009, Dr. Rhodes joined Howerton Eye Clinic in South Austin as their lead cataract, glaucoma, and LASIK surgeon.
In October 2010, Dr. Rhodes opened Lake Travis Eye and Laser Center in Lakeway, Texas. Over the past seven years, the clinic has grown in size tremendously and even added a research department. However, we take pride in the fact that we still provide the same individualized and quality care that has allowed for this growth.
Dr. Tommy Dang
Ophthamologist, SurgeonDr. Tommy (Tam) Dang graduated from Rice University with a Bachelors of Arts. He then completed his medical school training at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, Texas. His internship and ophthalmology residency training were completed at the San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium as he began his service with the United States Army.
After the completion of his residency, Dr. Dang was stationed at Fort Bliss where he was a staff ophthalmologist. Upon completion of his tour of duty, he returned to the Central Texas ophthalmology community by joining a private practice in Round Rock. In 2017, Dr. Tommy Dang joined Lake Travis Eye and Laser Center with a medical philosophy aimed towards personalized patient care and outcome based surgery. He is a current fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology as well as an active member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
Awards and Experience
- American Board of Ophthalmology Board Certified
- Certified Visian Implantable Collamer Lens Surgeon
- Certified Intralase & VISX LASIK/ PRK Surgeon
- Certified LenSx Laser Assisted Cataract Surgeon
- William Beaumont Army Medical Center (WBAMC) – Chief of Ophthalmology
- Chief of the Warfighter Refractive Eye Surgery Program (WBAMC)
- Clinical Assistant Professor – Paul L. Foster School of Medicine – Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, El Paso, Texas.
- American College of Eye Surgeons Certificate of Excellence
- 10 Best Corrective Eye Surgeons Selection for Texas – American Institute of Medical Professionals
- 2018 Texas Rising Star as seen in Texas Monthly Super Doctors
- Army Achievement Medal
- Army Commendation Medal
- Meritorious Service Medal