If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right.
Switch to Accessible Site
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
- Gently pull your lower eyelid of the affected eye downward.
- Tilt your head backward or if more convenient, lie down and look up at the ceiling.
- Hold the dropper above the affected eye, look up, and drop the medicine in the pocket created by pulling the lower lid down. Do not touch the dropper to your eye, fingers, or any surface.
- Release your lower lid. Try to keep the affected eye open and do not blink for at least 30 seconds. At the same time, apply gentle pressure with fingers to the lower inside corner of the eye for about one minute. This prevents drainage of the medicine, and allows it to remain on the surface of the eye.
- If you are using more than one type of eyedrop, please wait at least 5 minutes before repeating the procedure with the next drop.
- Please wash your hands prior to using the eyedrop.
- After instillation of drops, do not close your eyes tightly, and try not to blink more than usual, as this removes the medicine from the eye.
- Never rinse the dropper, as this may contaminate the bottle.
- Eyedrops commonly blur your vision temporarily after instillation.